May 13, 2018
8:00 AM, 9:30 AM, and 11:00 AM
Southern Hills Christian Church (Auditorium) (map)
Southern Hills loves kids and their families! We are committed to partnering with parents as they raise children to love and honor God. Family Dedication is an opportunity for parents to pledge before God and His church their commitment to intentionally shepherd their children.
In order to participate, parents must:
- Complete the Family Dedication Packet below (or you can pick up a physical copy at the Info Center on Sundays).
- Attend one of our Parent Orientation Classes on April 22 during 1st and 3rd services or April 29 during 2nd service.
Family Dedication Packet
- Watch all of the Parenting Talks provided and complete the homework. This is an important step because we want to inspire you to invest in the things that will matter most to your child's future.
- Attend the Parent Orientation. Meet and mingle with other parents and Southern Hills pastors. Learn how Southern Hills plans to partner with you, and hear details concerning the Family Dedication Celebration.
- Let's celebrate! That's right! You will be the greatest influence in your child's life. As your church, we want to be your biggest fan and trusted guide. We look forward to celebrating with you! The last step in the process is the Family Dedication Celebration. You will learn the specific details concerning this event at the Parent Orientation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the church at (770) 832-1446 or email email@example.com.
Parenting Talk #1: Imagine The End
Print out the Imagine The End Homework, and on it, write a description of the kind of person you hope your child will become over the next 18 years. Every year on their birthday, pull out the card. This exercise will give you a chance to evaluate how you're doing as you lead your child spiritually and to remember the importance of your child's relationship with their heavenly Father.
Parenting Talk #2: Make It Personal
Print out the Make It Personal Homework, and on it, write down two things that you are going to do to invest in yourself and in the supportive and significant relationships in your life. Maybe you are going to get a babysitter once or twice a month. Maybe your baby goes to bed early so that you have personal time or couple time at the end of every day. Maybe you're going to go for a walk every night after dinner and enjoy God's creation. These kinds of practical decisions can make a huge impact on your relationships over the long haul. Decide right now what two things you're going to do and write them down.
Parenting Talk #3: It's A Partnership
RSVP to attend the Parent Orientation below, and download, print and, fill out the Family Dedication Questionnaire. Bring the completed questionnaire to the Parent Orientation.